Education can be expensive! While you can't control or predict how much college will cost, you CAN control how well prepared you are. That is why you should follow the five tips below to make sure you are making smart decisions.
The 5 Tips for Smart Borrowing
- 1. Research your expected salary in your future career, find an affordable school, and borrow realistically.
- 2. Research job availability in your chosen field, before selecting your major.
- 3. Consider all types of financial aid carefully.
- 4. Educate yourself on the many loan options available before borrowing.
- 5. Inconsistent or untimely loan repayment could affect your future.
NOTE: The values shown in this tool are only estimates. They are based on national averages and the information you enter.